Things have changed a lot over the years about working at the McNabb Center. Some of our longtime employees share what they remember about their early days at McNabb:
When I was a case manager starting out, we had pagers assigned to us. I always had it attached to me and the only way I would know that someone called is when my phone extension would buzz or the number I needed to call. It was also before GPS and MapQuest, and I had to call all my clients to ask them how to get to their house and write down their instructions.
– Lindsay Stone, Senior Director of C&Y Mental Health Programming
Employee since 2005
- We had beepers and had to search for a payphone at some random location in order to return a call?
- We used map books and had to understand latitude/longitude just to find our client’s address?
- We had paper charts and had to send out an all staff to request a record because it was sitting in someone’s desk drawer and our notes were due?
– Michael Waltke, Assistant VP of Organizational Excellence
Employee since 2003