The Behavioral Health Safety Net of Tennessee is a program created by the State of Tennessee and the Tennessee Department of Mental Health/ Substance Abuse Services (TDMHSAS) to provide mental health treatment to individuals who have no access to health care due to lack of health insurance. The Behavioral Health Safety Net Program provides outpatient medication management, community-based case management, and individual therapy services. The program also assists participants in obtaining their psychotropic medications at a reduced price or at no cost through various pharmacy assistance programs.
- A qualifying mental health diagnosis
- Household Income at or below 138% of the Federal Poverty Level
- A Tennessee Resident and a United States Citizen
- Lack of TennCare or commercial insurance coverage (Medicare coverage is acceptable)
- No access to VA benefits
- The consumer is not currently an inmate
Click on a location below for an outpatient clinic near you!